Monday, August 5, 2019

Wonders Unit 1, Week 2 Slides for Grade 5

After piloting Wonders last year, I found that I disliked the lack of student engagement on the first two days of instruction. On Monday and Tuesday the teacher introduces vocabulary words and skills from the Reading/Writing Workshop book or display presentations from the online program. Most of the time students are expected to watch, listen, and wait to be called upon. This is just unacceptable. I want every student to be engaged and learning.  Pear Deck and Google Slides solved this dilemma for me. I still introduce skills and vocabulary, but now every student responds, classroom responses are immediately shared, and responses are sent directly to every student through the premium Takeaways option. If you haven't tried the free Pear Deck add-on for Google Slides, you should!

Now for Unit 1, Week 2 Pear Deck Slides

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Part 2) Mt. Zion's Learning Plan: Will it work?

In part 1 of this blog post, I discussed the problems with allowing parent-choice blended learning and the lack of teacher time for remote ...